Being a Farmer







Ok.
I've been seeing a ton of animal rights groups on Facebook and instagram fighting for... well fighting against anything and everything to do with animals. According to them we aren't even allowed to have pets.

I'm going to start with my dog... Linden is spoiled. To the point that I'm pretty sure she doesn't know she's a dog. She's my baby. She is actually treated better than some of the people in todays world. The closest thing to animal abuse that she has experianced is when I put a rain jacket on her. She honestly doesn't like the rain, and doesn't seem to mind her pink paw print coat.

Now to my farm girls...

My chickens; My girls, and of course my boys are treated awesome. I can't exaggerate the amount of times I've heard people say "Go Vegan" because there is no such thing as a "humane egg". YES THERE IS. What people see are the big corporations run by mass distributors who genetically modify their animals and their foods (such corperations are featured in the Food Inc. Documentary). Yes, that is cruel! It makes me sick to watch these poor chicks and chickens go through what they do on these farms.
Small farms don't do this (or the ones I've encountered don't). Our chickens get sunlight, honest to God sunlight, and food. REAL food that subsidizes them and their eggs. Chickens were meant to lay eggs. Not 19 a day by any means, but lay eggs, some of which may never produce a chick.

My other girls... My cows. 

Cows are possibly the most picked on animal group because of SOME poorly treated Holstein cows in the dairy business. NOT ALL DAIRY FARMS ARE EVIL. Yes, there are a select few who have been industrialized to the point that the animals don't matter to their people anymore, but not the small ones.  For so many people animals are their well being, their livelihood, and their income, why would they treat them badly? The animals become like family to the people who raise them.
(Drip and the gang)

(The calves never know what to think of Linden)

A recent PeTA add ((and I cannot stand this hypocritical organization. Notice the small 'e' in their name)) showed a farmer pulling a calf and they screamed "Animal Abuse".
Why? The cow was obviously in distress and needed help calving, no sane person is going to leave that animal to die, not to mention stick their hand in a cows back end for fun. Childbirth is a miracle (I'm not calling it beautiful. When you're on the receiving end of a cow about to calve you can call it beautiful, but I'd keep my mouth closed if I were you) but it is also extremely dangerous, people and cows alike may need help in delivering their young.

I think that's the end of my rant...
If you have anything to add please let me know. I can't speak for everyone but I'm sure as hell going to stick up for my animals, farm or "pet". 

My dogs, my chickens, and my cows are all my babies and I'll treat them as such, and teach future generations to treat them as I do; with the respect that they deserve.

(PS- I have nothing against Vegans, or Vegetarians. I do however have something against people who tell me I abuse my animals because I come from a farming background. Not all farmers/ranchers are bad. Educate don't discriminate)
••••
All photos are copywritten by: www.gralynjphotos.wix.com/official

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Three Months Free

For my “Dog” People

A Plea to Equine Photographers