Birthday Girl


Today was my pup Linden's fourth birthday. After a large amount of contemplation I decided to make her a cake, a dog cake.  Wanted something that she would like, but also wouldn't make her sick. I found a recipe online and tweaked it;
Ingredients
  • 1 egg
  • 3 Tablespoons peanut butter
  • 1/2 apple, finely chopped
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 350°.
  2. Mix all ingredients together without crushing the apple too much.
  3. Grease a muffin tin or cake tin (size of your choice and dog size).
  4. Bake for 18 minutes, or until golden and a toothpick comes out clean (be careful to not take out any apple pieces).
  5. Let cool for a 3-5 minutes in the pan, and then slide the cake onto a plate/cooling rack for 5 more minutes before serving to your dog.
  6. You may frost with extra peanut butter, if desired (it's greatly appreciated by your pup, or mine anyways).
Well as soon as I busted out the peanut butter Linden started hovering around the kitchen.
I made the cakes into little tree shapes because Linden loves the forest and our adventures.
After letting them cool I dumped a tree onto a plate and started to "ice".
A zip lock bag didn't hold up well under the thickness of the peanut butter, so I did have to switch to a piping bag eventually.
It was a little rough around the edges for my first time baking it but Linden still loved it all the same!

For more photos of my pretty puppy please visit; www.gralynjphotos.wix.com/official ♡

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Three Months Free

For my “Dog” People

A Plea to Equine Photographers