Volunteer

Today was supposed to be my two month mark until I left for Europe, but due to recent  events including the terror attacks that took place in London, I will be postponing for a year or two. The funny thing is everyone said "Oh I knew the travel bug would hit you." But it really didn't.  I wanted the photos, that's all I really thought about was coming home and looking at the buildings and the canals and so on. Now that my trip is diverted I really could care less if I'm going or not. I'm really just not someone who needs to travel.

     Other than that I will be throwing myself into my photography after my first year of school is completed.
In April of last year I volunteered to take photos for a local organization that's main goal is to spread awareness for mental health and end the stigma behind it. Being an anxiety ridden person myself I felt a strong pull towards the cause even though the social anxiety around the thought of going could've killed me. *Yes a photographer with social anxiety, what a character I make*
Anyways, I got dressed up and submerged myself into conversations, food and talk of the fine wines and vineyards that the Okanagan Valley has to offer.
I found people that I knew and many more that I didn't that were so passionate about the program that they made speeches to commemorate the community work that they do for youth and adults.
                  
I'm so pleased to have been invited back this year and am very much so looking forward to the photos I can take, the people I can meet and the stories that are shared.

For more photos you can visit:
http://gralynjphotos.wix.com/official

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Three Months Free

For my “Dog” People

A Plea to Equine Photographers