For the Moms to be

This piece is going to be all about Maternity!
Maternity sessions are so much fun and so beautiful, but they can be stressful to plan. I have started to get more inquiries for Maternity sessions this year and have been getting more and more questions from my expecting Mumma's.This post should clear up a lot of questions that you may have so that you go into your session feeling excited and prepared.

Here are some common questions:

1. When should I book my session for?
This is a *very* big questions, especially from first time Moms. You will want to book your session between 30 and 34 weeks of your pregnancy. If you are having twins you will not want to wait until you're ready to pop, for my Twin parents I would recommend around 20-25 weeks.
Every woman is different and we need to keep that in mind. Some may be uncomfortable and not up for a shoot at 34 weeks, while others may want to do theirs closer to their due date so their bump shows more. Pay attention to how your body is reacting to your pregnancy and do what's best for YOU.

2. What do I wear?
Anything you want! What you wear will often tie in with where the session takes plac- Do you want an in home and intimate, outside, boudoir style? If you want a flowy dress that highlights your bump, you may want a more dramatic landscape. If you are wanting to wear jeans and a t-shirt that could be dramatic again, or a nice home shoot. It is YOUR shoot, your bump, and you need to be comfortable with it.
I have a Pinterest board that I have clothing and pose inspirations saved, this one being specifically geared towards maternity sessions. Please feel free to follow the board HERE

3. Where should the session take place?
Once again, it's up to you! I am always here to help and bounce ideas off of, but remember to think of your outfit choice. If you have that beautiful flowy dress that you've always imagined you may not want an in home session- We look to the great outdoors! There are so many options. I recommend that you look at inspiration photos (Again, Pinterest is your friend) and see what really jumps out at you. I am always up to move furniture around for you, have a few outfit changes and work with whatever you have for me.

4. Should I get my hair and make-up done?
Do what makes you feel beautiful. If you don't typically wear a lot of make-up, go more natural. If you're wanting that dramatic flare- Do it! You need to feel like yourself during your photos and love the outcome.

5. Should I do my session by myself? Involve my partner?
Yes! To both! If your significant other is into having photos taken then ABSOLUTELY involve them. We can get some beautiful intimate shots and then let them duck out while we do more of just you and your bump.

6. Do you have posing options?
For everything, every genre, and everybody! I don't want you to be overposed, uncomfortable or just not you. We want natural movements and interactions between your, your bump, and your partner. I may ask you to look a certain way or do something with a hand if you don't know where to put it- But I will never over pose you. Just be yourself and I will guide you if you need it.

Don't overthink. I am here to help you, with whatever you need (even if you want an in home session just so someone else can do the dishes for a change).
Remember that these are photos that you are going to treasure, your beautiful bump before you get to have the best blind date of your life. Go into your session without any nerves and just have fun. I will do whatever I can to help.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Three Months Free

For my “Dog” People

A Plea to Equine Photographers