A Day in the Mind of...

Photographer: Sometimes I wonder if I want to take photos anymore.

Mind: You should probably just quit then.

Photographer: But I’ve come so far.

Mind: This is a lot of heartache and emotional and financial stress.

Photographer: But sometimes it's ok to not be ok. Sometimes if you want to take your business further you have to hit a low before you can go above and beyond with it.

Mind: But this rough patch has lasted so long. You'll never get out of it.

Photographer: Patience is powerful. Sometimes it takes a while for things to pay off.

Mind: But this is too hard.

Photographer: That just means you have passion. That you care. And you should never give up on something that you care this deeply about.

Mind: Let’s keep everything comfortable and stop pushing ourselves. That’s so much easier.

Photographer: I'm sorry.

Mind: No need to apologize, lets just ease up on yourself for a while.

Photographer: No, I'm not apologizing. I'm telling you I'm sorry so you can prepare yourself for more. I'm going to keep on pushing harder than ever.

Mind: No, you can't!

Photographer: Maybe I can't. But I would rather try than be stuck.

Mind: No you shouldn't!

Photographer: Yes, so get ready to try again.

Mind: Alright then. Lets go for this.

Photographer: Seriously? You gave up that easy?

Mind: Yes.

Photographer: But all those years, all of the self doubt, all of the times you told me I couldn't. All the pity, the frustration when you said I'd never succeed. You are giving up just like that? All it took was one time to fight back?

Mind: We will do whatever you want to do. You do realize you've just been talking to yourself this whole time.

‘Self Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will.’ ‘You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.’
Why do I keep going? Because in the end I truly love what I do, even though some days it may be draining or hard to stick with.
After recently moving it is hard to find new clientele, but I have a lot in the works for the 2020 season including a professional photography card and much more travelling to accommodate everyone that I can.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Three Months Free

For my “Dog” People

A Plea to Equine Photographers